Since spring 2013, studio das weisse haus offers residencies for young international artists who work and / or have academic experience in the fields of fine arts, photography or media arts.
We offer two residency period a year, each for three months. In 2014, the first residency period is going to take place in Spring / Summer, whereas the second residency period is scheduled for Fall / Winter 2014 (with an Open Call for applications in June 2014). For exact dates please follow the section Current Dates and Costs on our website. Please note, that we don`t accept any applications beyond the Open Call.
We offer to each Artist in Residence:
– a monthly allowance of eur 300,- to cover basic living costs (we recommend to the candidates to look for additional funding options)
– an one-time contribution of eur 100,- to cover a part of the production costs for the residency project
– a cover of travel expenses: eur 200,- are assigned to residents coming from a country within Europe, eur 400,- are assigned to residents coming from a country outside of Europe
– a private room in a shared apartment (with a shared kitchen and shared bathroom facilities)
– a studio space
Within our program, we aim to link the Artists in Residence to the Viennese art scene and provide them with an insight into the local institutional environment. By means of social events, presentations and guided tours, we connect the Artists in Residence with local artists, curators and the cultural community of the City of Vienna.
Open Studio Days:
Twice a residence period, we organize an Open Studio Day: On these days, the artists are invited to present their project/s (current project, former works, working process etc.) to the public.
We organize studio visits, admittance to various events, exhibition previews, guided tours and other events, that link the Artists in Residence to the local art community.
At the end of the residency period, the Artist in Residence will present a recent project in form of an exhibition, screening, lecture or by other means of presentation.
PREVIOUS ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PERIODS:
– 1st residence period: 13 May -5 August 2013
– 2nd residence period: 23 September – 16 December 2013
For further information and profiles of our previous Artists in Residence, please go to the section Our Artists in Residence.